Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Solids

Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to start Jase on solids at his 4 month check up and we were excited! He had been very interested in what we eat for a couple weeks before he hit 4 months, has great head control and was eating more ounces per day, which are a few of the "signs of being ready".

I was weary to start Jase on rice because it really has not much nutritional value, but the doctor wanted us to start him on rice since its the most bland and easiest to introduce. She said it will take him a couple of days to get the hang of it and we'd still be giving him a bottle so he wouldn't be missing out on any nutrition, so that's what we did! After all, she's the doctor and probably knows more about this stuff then I do!

The first night he probably took maybe 5 bites and was over it. The next night he took a couple more bites. Well that was almost 3 weeks ago and I'm happy to say he does great now! He eats his entire (little) bowl and takes a smaller bottle after! Just a couple days ago I introduced oatmeal and he seems to like that too! Next will be "real" food: and avocado! I may be sharing that one with him!

I plan on making most of his food fresh, but I'm sure buying food will be more convenient sometimes. Especially when we add more meals or may be out and about. Hopefully though, when we're home, I'll be giving him fresh stuff!



I'm sorry Jase, but this is TOO funny

Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment