Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Auntie Dee

It saddens me to write this post even though I knew my aunt passing was going to happen sooner or later. Uncle left us a couple years back and I'm proud of Auntie for staying as long as she did. Earlier in July she had a stroke and at the age of 92 it's something hard to overcome, especially when you know resting would allow you to see your husband again.

Since we moved up to Elk Grove it was harder to see auntie a much as we used to, but I am happy she got to see me pregnant with Jase and know she would have a Great, Great Nephew. There is so much I remember about auntie and uncle and somethings they only told me about since I was too young to remember. What I remember most is going to Aptos as a kid. Mostly I remember Uncle driving me from Fresno to see Auntie and spend a week there. She would always remind me that when I was born she had to leave Aptos and come to HOT Fresno to see me, but I was worth it. It seems ironic that she would also pass away on this same day. I guess it's something I wont ever forget.

I wont go on and on about everything about Auntie, but she was a big part of my life for my entire life so far. She was the oldest of her sibling and was always watching over her younger brothers, it makes sense she would be the last to go. We love you auntie. I know your with Uncle and can see all your brothers again. Give them all my love and a big kiss to Grandpa. Check in on us from time to time. Until we see you again...





Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment