Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Adison's Nursery

Picking a theme for Adisons Nursery was actually pretty easy. When I was pregnant with Timothy I was thinking of doing a Tribal/Earthy theme even before we knew he was a boy, for whatever reason I was drawn to that style. That really didn't change when we found out we were pregnant again, I knew I wanted to do something like that still no matter if we were having a boy or girl. All I needed to do was narrow down colors. I, of course, made Pinterest my friends and searched away for ideas. 

Once we found out baby was a girl I focused in on how I wanted the theme to come about. I wanted it to be somewhat girly, but not overly frilly. I seemed to be drawn to antlers when I would look on Pinterest, but looking at prices for those were..WOW. Well, I was walking out to the car one day and noticed Scott had antlers he had done nothing with for years. Now, if you know a hunter, you can't just take their deer antlers and do what you want with them, so, like a good wife, I put together some ideas of what I wanted to do to present to him and had my back up plan of doing it anyways and ask for forgiveness later. Luckily he said he was OK with my plan and let me take the Antlers and craft away. This sort of set the Animal/Tribal/Rustic theme for the room. 

Everything else just sort of fell into place. I went on a couple trips to Hobby Lobby to see what I could find that matched up with the look I was going for and luckily found a lot of DIY items to make. Along with what I made, I have some talented friends who also contributed to making what I was envisioning come to life. 

Once I picked some colors of items to go into the room I could pick paint. Thankfully my mom came up to paint the room and help pick colors. We decided on a peachy/pink for the wall and a mint for the nightstand (that I took from my grandmas house). Scott didn't care much with what I did in the room but he DID have a strong opinion about color, so he had a big say in the color we chose. Originally I wanted it to be a little bolder, but I'm glad he said a big fat NO, I love the color we chose.  

Overall I am super please with how it turned out! Hopefully the decor can grow with Adison for a while! 

Swatches from a quilt my friend Amber made. DIY Arrow using Scrapbook Paper and Chip Board. Headband holder using Twine and Clothes Pins
Crib. Banner from Baby Sprinkle made by my friends Brittany. (this will be moved once Adi is in the crib)
DIY Feather Mobile above glider. 
This is a reminder for us as we VERY much need to. 
Changing Table/Dresser.  DIY Deer Antlers. Water Colors by my Friend Becci. 

Another DIY Headband Holder 
Love how the Mobile turned out. It was sort of a tedious project though! 
Arrow Frame made by my friends Kristen's Mom, DIY String Art Bunny on Wood. DIY Glittered "A". Scrapbook Paper in Frames. Fabric Swatches from quilt made by my friend Amber. DIY Heat with Scrapbook Paper and Chipboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment