Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mommy Blog: oh baby poo

We made a trip to Urgent Care last night with Jase after I noticed some black spots in his stool. He is fine, but here's the story! 

I was changing Jase's diaper after some play and a pretty impressive sounding poo. Jase himself was pretty proud of it with a big smile on his face!! Now, as most of you moms probably do every time I change a diaper I glance at it to make sure all seems normal. You can tell A LOT about what's going on in babies little bodies by their diapers. Anyways, Jase's bowel movements have been a little more loose then normal the last couple of days from when we first switched him to formula, but I just associated at with maybe the weather or the travel and his schedule changeling due to that. Since he seemed to be acting his normal self and no fever I wasn't really worried. 

Well, after seeing the black spots I was a little concerned so I put a call into the advice nurse since the dr office was now closed. Side note: apparently our children, four legged and two, like to wait until the office is closed to have an issue. We have been to the Pet Ear twice for Miss Abby. Back to Jase... So the nurse asked me all sorts of questions and said everything seems normal with Jase but the black spots could possibly be blood so he wanted us to bring him in to get checked. When Scott got home from work we headed over to urgent care. After the normal routine stuff like asking more questions and taking his weight (14 pounds 3oz), temp and vitals the doctor finally came in. She asked us some more questions and did a test on the diaper. She showed us the control and what his stool did to the sheet and NO BLOOD! Phew! 

The doctor was so nice and sweet. She said we did the right thing to call and bring him in and was proud of me for noticing/checking on things like this. I point this out because as a first time mom I often feel like an idiot at the doctors office with responses they have to my questions! 

So, Jase is great and this formula is seeming to do well still! Yay! 


Stay Tuned Mommas...

No comments:

Post a Comment