Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jase is 2 Weeks Old Today!

I can't believe how quickly two weeks have passed. It seems like yesterday I was still pregnant. These 2 weeks have definitely been an adjustment period. I don't think all the classes we could have taken, all the advice given and all the books read could have actually prepared us for a newborn. I'm learning that a newborn baby does not go by the book!

Jase, however, is a great baby. He rarely fusses and pretty much just eats, poops and sleeps. During his awake time I have been trying to to tummy time or put him in his bouncer to engage him a little.

We have been breast feeding which I can say is going well since that is still how he gets his meals, but I'd be lying if I said it was all I thought it would be and more. It's not an easy task that for sure. Jase had a great latch at the hospital, but when my milk came in all hell broke loose. BUT, a great invention is the nipple shield. I have been using those to let myself heal and also continue to breast feed. This has, however, ruined Jases latch completely, so we are now working on weaning off the shied and back to bear boob! I have also recently started to pump in the morning to start a back stock of the liquid gold for future outing and such when breast feeding may not be ideal.

I am anxious for our next doctors appointment as well next week. I'm hoping to hear Jase is gaining weight as he should and I can start feeding only on demand. Right now I am having to wake him if he's sleeping longer then 2 hours, which is a bit tiring. Not to mention it is NO FUN waking a sleeping baby.


Abby and Jase


Abby relaxing in the sun

Dad and Baby

Passed out on grandma

Tummy Time

Adorable

First Bath at Home

Not sure about it yet

All Clean

Scott's Aunt and Uncle came to visit with his Grandma



Kevin and Amy with Jase

Play Mat Time
Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment